Baltimore Malinois

Photos & Updates on Will from the Baltimore Rescue

Sponsors: Glenda Morris & Michael Parker

Our sincere Thanks! and Malinois Hugs go out to each and every person that responded to this Emergency Rescue. While many people offered sponsorship of the dogs, others indicated that their donation should provide food or be applied where needed. We have foster homes for all but three of them and the first five are either in their foster home as of last night, 4/14/07, or will arrive shortly.

The Rescue Volunteers have dubbed them *The Dirty Dozen*, however the first ones to move out of the kennel are reported, by transporters and fosters, to be typical Malinois choosing to stay clean when provided an opportunity to eliminate outside. Yipppeeee!!!!! Let's hope that trend continues!

From Will's Adoptive Home 1/22/08


Update from Willy's adoptive home! 7/24/07

Will has decided that he is definitely a farm dog. He has a blast with all the people that are coming in and out of the barn. I am trying to teach him not to jump up and kiss the horses as he shows no fear. The other day we found him trying to drink out of a bucket with a horse at the same time.

In addition, to our two dogs that have adopted him with no reservations, he gets to play with the other four dogs that come in and out of the barn. That is good because they all need to rest trying to keep up with Will's energy. Not sure how he would cope if he wasn't outside with his people and friends all day. He is very comfortable roaming around the 25 acres, that is surrounded by invisible fence, with the guys. It took no time at all for him to respect the fence.

Last night was his first time outside of his crate. Not sure if we will ever get him back in as he slept by me all night quietly. We still need to watch him carefully, however, as he is full of mischief.

We are in love with him and he loves us, his brother and sister and all his new friends. Mals are great, but we still are in amazement of their high energy. Will has a job taking care of the farm. Thank you for recommending him to us. It could not be a better fit.


From Will's Adoptive Home 6/21/07

Right now Willy is napping after being in the barn with me all afternoon. He has learned to stay out of the riding ring when I am riding and watch or play with his ball or run around and chase my dogs. They play with him a lot but then they want to sleep so he will lie down with them. It is very cute to see the three of them all lined up in a row sound asleep. He has learned that the people in the barn always have treats for him and has gotten to be a ham about going up to them and sitting pretty. He sits at the gate while the horses are going in and out and waits for his treats. He also likes carrots and takes delight in getting his own to take off to the yard and munch on.

He still loves the jolly ball and is quite a terror with it. He attacks it and whips it around until he drops from exhaustion. We haven't really heard much of his voice yet - just a little woof. He follows my male Kelley around the most and imitates what he does. The weather has been really nice so he is outside a lot but when he does come in he has a favorite dog bed that he lies on - usually munching on a bone or toy. The crate is only used for bed time right now.

I have gone off and left him for some appointments and even though he is with the barn help, he greets me like I was gone for ever!! I am allowed to pat and groom him but he still doesn't get the hugging thing yet.

All in all, he is great. I would tell anyone that was thinking of the Baltimore dogs, to do it. He met the barn cat and was promptly chased out of the tack room so Willy knows who is the boss there. Monday will mark one month here and people have commented to me that he is smiling a lot as he races through the barn hot on the heels of my dogs or one of his new doggie friends.

We've decided he has a very devilish look on his face. Also loves to roll in the grass.

From Will's Foster Home 5/03/07

Will was neutered last week. He had no problems. I fashioned a "no- bite" collar for the first night and after that he didn't try to lick so I discontinued it.

He has had a hard time being crated so much. I set up a soft sided crate in the den so he could be near us and not miss anything. Phoebe kept trying to play with him through the screen on the crate. Thank goodness for water guns.

He raises quite a fuss when he wants to go out and is in his crate. He does a lovely howling and barking combination. We have had no accidents in the crates and he knows what "go crate" and a pointed finger mean.

Yesterday he discovered sticks. You can chew them, pick them up if you get your foot off them, carry them and chase them when someone throws them.

He is learning to play fetch with a tennis ball in the house. He is home alone with Bill today since the others went to doggie daycare (that tired dog thing). Bill said almost every toy is out of the basket. It is so nice to see how excited Will gets with toys.

I took him out last weekend to Petco. He will go right up to other dogs but stands behind me when there are new people. Once you convince them to ignore him, he goes over and sniffs. He sniffed at the cat in the cage but showed no other interest. I don't know if my cats have been down to visit him at night.

I will be working nights at the NHPTV auction for the next week so starting tomorrow evening, Will is going for sleep overs at Duncan's house. Duncan is Phoebe's best friend. I'm on vacation next week so I'll pick him up during the day and go on some adventures. I can't wait to take him to the beach.

Will has gained some weight and is starting to look better. I will be trying for new photos.

From Will's Foster Home 4/20/07

Will is still moving forward. He has not had any accidents in his crate since he got here. I think he is getting the idea about doing his business outside. He pees, looks at me and comes running for his treat.

He just followed me to the kitchen and went toward the door and kept looking at me. Out we went and he had to go. We did not have any accidents yesterday and none yet today.

He plays well with the my dogs. Sidney and Phoebe can get a bit rough but he is right in the middle of it. This is in the house of course. Outside is for playing chase.

Sunday he will be meeting Phoebe's friend Duncan. Duncan's mom has offered to take him weekday afternoons. She met Will today and she already is in love.

As long as the weather is nice I'm going to start taking Will into town for more people exposure. This is a college town so there are lots of people around to meet. He is so cute that everyone wants to meet him.

From Will's Foster Home 4/16/07

The rain continued with flooding all over the place. I am 10 minutes from work and today it took almost 1/2 hour and two detours. Since there was only one way home by 1:00 I left early. Bill is off today and hanging out with the dogs.

Bill can't deal with the belly band so took it off Will and took him out every two hours even with the down pours. No accidents in the house today. Will also seems to understand "leave it". He and Phoebe have been playing quite a bit. He is also able to play with various toys by himself. Everyone is finally worn out for a while and taking a nap. I wish I could take time off and just hang out with all these guys.

The sun almost came out about a hour ago so we all went out to play.

Will's Foster Home 4/14/07

After a long day Will arrived in his foster home in New Hampshire. He is currently sleeping quietly in his crate.

On the way home he chewed on his rawhide and actually played with his stuffed toys without killing them. I went to the Goodwill and bought some stuffed animals for 59 cents each. We stopped to see Bill at work and after I got him out of the car a family was getting out of their van next to us and he watched and wagged his tail. Everyone who has seen him comments on how cute he is. Wait till he puts on a little weight, some muscle and good coat.

Introductions with Pheobe and Sidney went well. Will has learned to go up and down the stairs from the deck to the yard. I had him out on the long line with Phoebe and Sid and he immediately went and pooped. What a good boy. Then Phoebe decided it was play time. She loves to be chased and Will was happy to do so. He was tired fairly quickly but definitely having fun.

He slept in his crate after a few minutes of barking. This morning it was outside to do his business. Again he and Phoebe were running around like wild children. Phoebe tried to get Will to run so she could chase but he just got a few body slams. They were all playing in the house. Will discovered a squeeky ball and was actually playing with it.

Will's Initial Transport

None of these dogs will go up or down stairs. I'm sure they don't know what they are, nor were they allowed in the house to experience these.

Will - Wild man Will is right! He is something else! I can't wait to hear his stories! He is the most outgoing, and the most playful. Gives kisses too! Most likely to countersurf and eat the trash!!!!@

Will enjoying his bath

They are awesome, no one went to the bathroom in their kennel last night, and all went straight out this morn and did their business. Potty training shouldn't be so bad with these guys. They are really smart, although they haven't figured out the step that leads to the yard!


Privacy Policy - Copyright - Sitemap

American Belgian Malinois Rescue, Inc.® - a 501 (c)(3) Non-Profit Organization

Graphics and Web Design by L. Harral, Eolian Web Design for Malinois Rescue
© November 1998 - 2019 - All Rights Reserved - Sunday, August 11, 2019
"Valid CSS!" Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional"